CGC-certified Collectibles Power Up April Heritage Sale
A Nintendo Power #1 certified by Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) and a Super Mario World graded by CGC Video Games™ saw impressive results in a recent Heritage sale. The two Nintendo collectibles were offered in Session 1 of Heritage Auctions' April Video Games Signature Auction, which ended on April 20, 2022.
The Nintendo Power #1 magazine graded CGC 9.8 (lot 28080) realized an incredible $108,000, the highest price realized for any Nintendo Power magazine at auction. The previous record was held by another CGC-certified Nintendo Power #1, that one graded CGC 9.4, which sold in November 2022 for $24,000. Like finding a Super Star in a Super Mario Bros. game, this sale is a big deal because it more than quadrupled the previous record! To learn more about this amazing Nintendo Power magazine, click here.
Meanwhile, a sealed Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1992) graded CGC 9.4 A (lot 28099) realized a cool $43,200. Super Mario World was originally included as a pack-in with the Super Nintendo, so boxed copies weren’t widely distributed in stores. Finding one sealed and in such a high grade is a rare opportunity, which is reflected in the high price realized in this auction.
Other CGC-certified collectibles in the auction included:
- a sealed Super Mario Bros 2 for the Nintendo Entertainment System (1988) graded CGC 9.6 A+ (lot 28062) that realized $31,200
- a sealed The Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo Entertainment System (1988) graded CGC 9.0 A+ (lot 28040) that realized $28,800
- a sealed Tecmo Bowl for the Nintendo Entertainment System (1989) graded CGC 9.6 A+ (lot 28069) that realized $18,000
- a sealed Wild Gunman for the Nintendo Entertainment System (1986) graded CGC 9.4 A (lot 28078) that realized $14,400
- a sealed Hogan’s Alley for the Nintendo Entertainment System (1987) graded CGC 8.5 A (lot 28034) that realized $10,800
- a sealed The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening for the Nintendo Game Boy (1993) graded CGC 9.4 A+ (lot 28110) that realized $9,600
- a sealed Hagane: The Final Conflict for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1995) graded CGC 9.0 A+ (lot 28088) that realized $9,600
All prices realized include a buyer's premium.